ALSITE Goal 1: Serve Governmental Agencies
- Address the technical needs of the Alabama Department of Transportation by identification of critical areas that would be met through training activities developed and offered by ALSITE.
- Assist local governmental agencies in addressing their technical needs though training activities and presentations at organizational meetings.
- Provide expertise to other organizations throughout the state such as Metropolitan Planning Organizations, developers, and ADECA.
- Take a leadership role in the development and adoption of model ordinances.
ALSITE Goal 2: Provide Service to our Membership
- Develop members technical capabilities through professional development, strong technical programs at all meetings, and continue the annual meeting as a “center piece” for the Section.
- Communicate with the membership through email, web page and the newsletter.
- Recognition of membership by communicating individual awards received at section, district, and international levels.
- Recruit and nurture young members.
ALSITE Goal 3: Outreach
- Perform service projects throughout the year.
- Establish additional student chapters at other state institutions.
- Continue and expand the scholarship program.
- Provide public awareness of ALSITE through a speakers bureau, contact with local news agencies, and by public relations training for members.