The primary responsibilities of the Legislative Committee are to:
- monitor progress of legislation which affects the Section or membership,
- support proposed legislation which would benefit the Section or membership,
- oppose legislation which would not be in the best interests of our profession,
- periodically report to the membership on the progress of legislation affecting the Section,
- prepare resolutions and other correspondence which the Section may use in support of our position, and
- as necessary contact the President or Board of Directors for advice or to formulate a Section political strategy.
The Legislative Committee is chaired by the Section Representative to the Alabama Safety Coordinating Committee. There are usually one to two additional ALSITE representatives on this committee.