The ALSITE 2015 Fall Meeting was held at the Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel & Conference Center at Capitol Hill in Prattville, AL on Thursday, October 29, 2015. We had a total of five technical presentations in our agenda covering a wide variety of topics:
- Optimum and Acceptable Traffic Signal Spacing
- Transportation Initiatives from Down Under
- Transforming Cahaba Road – Gateway to Birmingham Zoo and Gardens
- Traffic Engineering in Columbus, Georgia
- Overview of Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA)
Attendees were able to earn up to 3.0 professional development hours.
In addition to the technical program, ALSITE recognized 2015 scholarship winners and the newly established University of South Alabama ITE Student Chapter.
Two scholarship recipients were recognized at the meeting:
- Elizabeth Lim (Auburn) was presented with the Charles E. Alexander Memorial Transportation Engineering Scholarship
- Rachael Thompson (UAB) was presented with the Billy Jones Memorial Traffic Engineering Scholarship.
For more information about Harold M. Raynor ALSITE Scholarships, Inc., please visit them on the web at hmralsitescholarships.org.
We were honored to have 2015 Southern District ITE President Bill Seymour (Kentucky) in attendance at our meeting. President Seymour provided the attendees with an SDITE update over lunch, and presented the University of South Alabama ITE Student Chapter with a certificate of recognition as a chartered ITE Student Chapter. The University of South Alabama ITE Student Chapter will be a joint student chapter with GRITS (Gulf Region Intelligent Transportation Society).