The ALSITE 2014 Fall Meeting was held on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center in Auburn, Alabama. We had a total of eight very interesting presentations in our agenda covering a wide variety of topics:
- Using LOS and Suitability Measures to Prioritize Bicycle Facility Improvements
- US-280 Improvements & Lessons Learned
- Improvements to College Street & Shug Jordan Parkway/University Drive
- Toomer’s Corner Redevelopment
- Unique Solutions for Flashing Yellow Arrows
- GDOT Flashing Yellow Arrow Policy
- Innovative Intersections & Interchanges – Alabama’s Future?
- Lake Charles Metropolitan Transportation Plan Update including Use of Cellular Data in Transportation Planning
After a wonderful lunch, we conducted our Fall Business Meeting, which included updates from many of ALSITE’s committees and their current activities. One of the items we discussed was the 2018 Southern District ITE Annual Meeting, which will be held at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel in Mobile on April 7-11, 2018. It might seem like 2018 is a long way away, but it will be here before we know it! Thanks to the following individuals who have been involved in the early planning stages and have agreed to chair the Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) for the 2018 SDITE Annual Meeting:
- Jennifer White, City of Mobile, LAC Co-Chair
- Shane Bergin, Neel-Schaffer, LAC Co-Chair
Thanks to Rod Turochy and the Auburn Student Chapter of ITE for their efforts with the meeting arrangements.
The meeting was a tremendous success!
From ALSITE 2014 Fall Meeting. Posted by Alabama Section Institute of Transportation Engineers on 10/14/2014 (10 items)
Generated by Facebook Photo Fetcher 2